What Happens If You Miss A Court Date?
You might be asking, “What happens if you miss a court date?” Well, NRS 199.335 is a Nevada law that makes defendants criminally liable in the event they fail to appear in court.
As you can imagine, missing your court date is a very serious matter.
Skipping bail could not only lead to a warrant being issued for your arrest, but it could also lead to you paying fines and having to serve additional jail time.
If you are currently on trial, All N One Bail Bonds can help keep you accountable. Plus, if you miss your court date for any reason, we can work with the courthouse on your behalf.
Contact us today at (702) 333-2663 to speak with an expert bail bond agent.
More About Failure To Appear
NRS 199.335 states that a defendant who fails to appear in court on one or more occasions in relation to misdemeanor charges can be charged with the crime of “Failure To Appear” in Nevada.
This is punishable with six months of imprisonment and a bail amount of $1,000.
The punishment for Failure to Appear can get much more serious, however, if the defendant flees the state or resists arrest.
If you miss your court date for whatever reason, we urge you to contact your legal representation, your bail bondsman, and the court immediately.
What To Do If You Fail To Appear In Court
The best thing you can do if you miss your court date is to contact your legal representation, explain your situation, and have them reschedule your hearing.
We also strongly urge you to contact your bail bond agent and the court directly and tell them what is going on. The more you communicate, the better.
The more you procrastinate, on the other hand, the more likely it is that you’ll be arrested, lose your driver’s license, receive a higher bail amount, or even worse, lose your ability to bail out!
Reasons For A Missed Court Appearance
Here is a list of the most common reasons why a person would miss their court date:
- Failure to receive a court notice
- The court failed to send a notice
- The defendant overlooked their date of appearance
- Childcare issues
- Work and school-related conflicts
- Health emergencies
Call Your Bail Bond Agency!
If you’ve missed your court date or are about to miss it, call your defense attorney right away to get a new hearing schedule and call us too.
Calling your bail bond agency in the nick of time can save you from disciplinary action on the part of the court.
Why Work With Us?
With so many bail bond agencies to choose from, you want to make sure that you’re making the right choice. Here are the reasons why we might be a good fit for you.
- We are highly experienced and have been providing fast and affordable bail bonds to people in the Las Vegas area for over 20 years.
- We have in-depth knowledge of the bail process and can walk you through everything.
- We provide expedited bail bonds, meaning we can get you out of jail FAST.
- We offer flexible payment plans for your bail bond premium, which saves you from having to pay the full premium amount upfront.
- We are located in Las Vegas and are happy to meet with you. Our address is 629 S Casino Center Blvd Suite 1, Las Vegas, NV 89101.
- We are available 24/7.