Generally a Bail Bond Company will accept any of the following :
- Credit Cards
- Small Electronics
- Signature of a Home Owner
In some cases, if they feel the risk is minimal, they are more flexible with collateral requirements. They will accept the signature of an established person in the community that has a job and a checking account.
Other things that are considered when determining the risk are:
- Length of time in the community
- The Crime and Criminal History
- Age of the defendant
- Who is being responsible for the defendant.
When can I expect my collateral back?
Your collateral will be returned when the final disposition of the case has been determined. Once the case is closed a Bondsman must receive a discharge of the bond from the court.
It generally takes 7-10 working days for the office to receive the discharge.
* If there is a premium balance owed to our office when the case is closed, collateral will not be returned until the balance is paid.